Friedrich offers an ATEX / CE marked version of their popular Hazardgard line of air conditioning units for use in international markets, including Europe, the Middle East / Gulf, Africa and Asia.
Hazardgard air conditioners are specifically designed for use where CE or ATEX certification is required. Ideal for use in hazardous or explosion-prone locations, these wall-mounted air conditioning units are rated to the following standards, including:
– IECEx, Ex nA nC II C T4 Gc
– ATEX, II 3 G Ex nA nC IIC T4 Gc
– CE Certified
The air conditioners feature a hermetically sealed compressor and overload within the enclosed fan motor. Hazardgard units are for use in temperatures as low as 45°C and where surface temperature does not exceed 120°C. The AC housing is 22-gauge steel and is corrosion-resistant (powder coating / gold-plated thermostat contacts / environmentally sealed on-off switch).
Offered in both 50Hz & 60Hz models with details below:
- SH24N20AT (60 Hz): 24,000 / 23,700 Btu/hour cooling capacity and rated for 208/230 voltage. Cooling amps of 12.6 / 13.5 and 385 CFM
- SH24N20AT (50 Hz): 21,000 / 20,500 Btu/hour cooling capacity and rated for 220/240 voltage. Cooling amps of 15.0 / 13.2 and 360 CFM
In addition, SH24N20AT is now available in a dual 50/60 Hz model for customers who want the flexibility to operate the air conditioner in both 50 Hz and 60 Hz environments
- SH20N50AT (50 Hz): 19,500 / 19,000 Btu/hour cooling capacity and rated for use between 220 – 240 voltage. Cooling amps of 9.8 / 10.3 and 425 CFM
Each Hazardgard unit contains 2.5 lbs of R-410A / Freon refrigerant. As such, the unit governed by dangerous goods regulations for both air and sea transport. The shipment is non-hazardous if the total amount of Freon shipped is less than 25 lbs
The unit has dimensions of 45.5 cm x 65.9 cm x 64.4 cm and can fit a window opening of between 70.8 cm – 106.7 cm. Hazardgard has a 79 – 84 kg shipping weight. A standard 40” x 48” wooden pallet is used for transport (picture below is of two units stacked one on top of the other).